Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Philosophy of Ministry

MY PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
Having established a personal foundation of repentance, baptism and sanctification, out of that relationship with Christ, I give myself to devotion, searching the Scriptures, praying thoroughly over what is studied, and then to live out from that devotion a ministry to God, to the church and to the world by the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
The calling of God is a gift from the Holy Spirit. It is not necessarily according to natural abilities, but is implemented by the obedience of our abilities to the Holy Spirit. The anointing of the Holy Spirit is what brings the healing, deliverance, and the life changing preaching (Luke 4:18, 19). Flesh begets flesh, but the Spirit begets spiritual things (life). Christ must increase, but the preacher must decrease.
The work of the shepherd is one of service to the body of Christ. It is to preach the Word, visit the sick, seek the young and the lost, and to not make merchandise of the people (Ezekiel 34:15, 16; Zechariah 11:15-17).
The following is easier to say than to live, still they are guidelines that I take for my life and ministry: I will endeavor to abide in the Vine, to be filled with the Spirit and walk in the Spirit, to seek first the Kingdom of God, to hold fast to my faith, and keep the first love, to be little in my own eyes and esteem others better than myself, to be teachable, to be the servant of all, but maintain holiness, to take up my own cross daily and follow Jesus, to resist the enemy unto blood, and look for the coming of the Lord.
In such devotion, by the grace of God, I hope to be found faithful in His service when He comes.
Pastor Jerry D. Sanders

1 comment:

kzblogger said...

Well said. I never cease to be amazed at your wisdom. The calling of God is to be cherished and protected. What a great philosophy of ministry. We who are called would all do well to follow... that we might be found faithful.